Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Amazing & Awesome


Cavalia is a show that should not be missed. Think Cirque Du Soleil with horses & less bizzare.

Given, I'm a horse person. Always have been, always will be. But you don't need to be to enjoy this show. As a theatre "techie", this show is amazing. But you don't need to be a techie to enjoy this show either. This show has so much to offer everyone. The horses were awesome, beautiful & such gentle giants even when racing acroos the stage flat out. The human cast members were amazing in their tricks & athletic ability. The musical score (performed live) was moving & perfectly fitting. There wasn't anything I didn't love about this show. What a magical thing to witness & as an audience member, be a part of.

I was a little wary of going. Oh, I was going all right. But how would it affect me? Often thinking of my horseback years & all of the great memories saddens me (a fact that frustrates Kaisara to no end). But this show didn't. Watching the performers & because of sense memory, I knew exactly what those performers were feeling on & in their bodies. Horses are magical.

In Melissa fashion I will close with a quote:

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." --Winston Churchill

1 comment:

Dani said...

Ooh...ooh! I saw that in Glendale a few years ago. (God, has it been that long?) It was indeed awesome. I just wish I knew more about horses and riding because I think that would have given me an even greater appreciation for what the trainers and the animals could do. (Kind of like how an ex-ballet dancer stopped breathing when she watched the Cirque dancers balancing on pointe atop lightbulbs!) Geez!

I'm glad you got to see it!