Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's What You Wear From Ear to Ear...

Tonight was my 5th free thing of the year, & in the 5th week of the year no less. I'm tellin' you, I'm onna roll. Next week I'll have another since the show at work's opening & I don't gotta pay for those.

Tonight was Annie at OCPAC. I got the tickets so I could take Lydia. She's new to theatre. She braved through Pippin with me but Annie'd be right up her alley. Alas, Lydia is a sickie like me, only worse, so she couldn't make it. So sad. I wish she was well. Not just for theatre, don't get me wrong, but I wish she was well enough to have joined me. She would have loved it. I took Mom instead. She never minds being my back-up theatre buddy.

It was neat seeing the show with Mom. Back in the day, Annie was my first live performance I ever saw. It was at the Pantages. It was cold outside while waiting to go in & it was magic inside. I guess one could say that Annie's the show that planted the bug of theatre into my little world. It's so great. A happy show with 30's clothes, fun songs & a great little story. What would a Broadway musical be without a little cheese, right?
If you haven't seen the movie, rent it. Keep in mind my above statement about Broadway musicals but, come on, Carol Burnett play Miss Higgins. That's worth the rental fee right there.

No comments: