Sunday, January 15, 2006

Guess what I got last night?

Yep! A godson.

Back in December Kaisara & I were chatting about a how I've been wanting to go to a new restaurant called Original Mike's. (Well it's not new now but when I started wanting to go it was.) So Kaisara comes up with, out of the blue, we'll go on January 14th. "What's January 14th?", I ask. "Why, do you have something planned?", he asks back. No I didn't, but it was just sorta random of him to pull January 14th outta his hat to go to this restaurant. Didn't think anything of it. Then 2 weeks ago he starts saying not to make plans for what was last night. Didn't occur to me it was the same random date that he came up with a month ago. He won't tell me anything for a few days 'til I finally got him to cough up that we're going to Original Mike's & that others would be with us. Cool. So on our way to the restaurant we get off of the freeway. Oh! Got it! Jen & Greg are going with us. Cool! We walk up to their door, I look in the window while knocking & who is on their couch...MELISSA! We go in the house & who is on my sister's lap...Elijah!

We haven't seen Geoff & Melissa since Chris & Ashley's wedding a year & 1/2 ago & we've never met their beautiful son. So it all comes out that Geoff, Melissa, Greg & Kaisara have been plotting this little surprise since November. My sister & I? Completely in the dark. Those dirty rats!

So we chat for a while & then head out to the restaurant. Geoff unfortunately wasn't there as he was at a super duper magnet training course for his work. Yes, that's right, my friend Geoff is Doctor Geoff to you! While at dinner Melissa asked us, on her & Geoff's behalf, if the four of us, Jen, Greg, Kaisara & I would be Elijah's godparents. After asking what that meant to them, we very happily accepted & we all feel honored. Thank you Geoff & Melissa for the honor & the responsibility. I will do my very best to be a good godmother.

Please feel free to look at my online photo albums for pictures of my beautiful godson & of our great surprise evening.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Congrats God-Mommy- I know of no one better qualified. See you tuesday!

Coco said...

Congrats! What a cool suprise!