Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What a 3 days!

So here's my 2006 so far: Found out yeserday that my dear friends Debbi & Eric had their first baby! Yeah! Jakob Robert Dean. I'm so happy for them!

Next, found out this morning that my sister-in-law's boyfriend's father died. He's been quite ill with cancer and we knew that he'd be passing soon, but, wow, that was soon. The service is Thursday evening & I'm glad Kaisara & I can go to support Aipolo.

This evening we got a call informing us that Kaisara's Aunt Filoi's 6 month old baby died. We've no other details than they took him to the hospital & he died. They live in Western Samoa so getting details is sorta sketchy.

Now we're told that Baldi, a family member of Kaisara's mom probably won't live to the weekend. Man! What 3 days can bring you!

Please pray for Kaisara's family as they are dealing with these deaths as well as his Dad's 2 good friends several months ago & the coming passing of Grandma.

"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." Even when it hurts.

7 comments:

Cat said...

Know you are in my prayers. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Kat said...

You and your family are in my prayers. Just know that love and spirit are surrounding you. I'm hear if you need to talk...I'm a pretty good listener.

Nick said...

Wow. That is so hard to have to deal with so much at once. We will be praying for you guys and the entire Esera family.

Moe said...

My heart goes out to your family. May the Lord sustain you through this time.

Melanie said...

That's a lot to deal with. It's times likes this I don't want God to have such a high opinion of me... (the he won't give you more than you can bear thing...) God's peace to you both.

Dani said...

Some days life can gang up on you. I am sending blessings your way. Along with a hug for both you and Kaisara. I'm here if you need me.

Cyn said...

Wow. Healing and comfort will be our prayers for the ENTIRE family!